Plan For Your Appointment
You've finally scheduled your appointment...now what? Planning for your appointment can really help things run smoothly. You may or may not have experience in the bridal industry and that's okay. That's what we're here for! Ultimately, the appointment is about YOU! As consultants, no matter how big of an entourage you bring along, we're here to help you to find the dress of your dreams and nothing less.
1. How do you see yourself on your wedding day or at your event? Do you have to have everything planned out to the finest detail? Absolutely not! However, it's a good idea to start researching dress silhouettes, narrowing down things that you love and hate, and getting an overall idea of the theme and style of your wedding or event. (Check out our Pinterest to get some ideas: https://www.pinterest.com/ZazousBridal/). It's also helpful to set a budget on how much you want to spend on your gown with alterations included.
2. Have an open mind. There are going to be things that you know you do not like and do not want to try on. However, it's important to trust your consultant when it comes to suggesting different options. That's one of the perks of planning your appointment and having dedicated time from a consultant. Our job is to look at each client as an individual and to know what will compliment your body shape and your style. Therefore, while you think that a mermaid silhouette might be completely unflattering on you, you might be pleasantly surprised after trying one on.
3. Choose the right entourage. Make sure everyone is on the same page and understands how YOU see yourself on your wedding day or at your event. While suggestions are fine, if one's mindset is not ultimately in line with your vision, it can really derail the appointment. You want the members of your entourage to provide constructive criticism, so we suggest bringing people that are open and honest. Another thing to keep in mind; as bridal consultants, we are here to professionally advocate for you and to remind your entourage what your vision is. This day is ultimately about you and we have your best interest in mind!
4. What to bring to the appointment? Don't forget to bring the appropriate undergarments, as they can ultimately change the fit and look of a dress. We recommend having a properly fitting strapless bra and comfortable underwear. If you want to go a step further, bring the shapewear that you will be wearing the day of our wedding or event. An important thing to note here - even "skinny girls" wear shapewear! Despite what magazines might portray, no one has the perfect body and shapewear is a great asset to make sure you're looking the best in your dress. Feel free to bring photos or ideas of what you're looking for in a dress to help your consultant get an idea of what you're envisioning.
5. Know the appointment timeline. If you have scheduled an appointment, typically we allot for one hour. However, for an initial bridal appointment, we plan for about an hour and a half to two hours to ensure you have adequate time to try on various styles of dresses. This is just another perk to planning your appointment in advance; this amount of time may not be guaranteed for walk-ins. Since we set aside time when you book your appointment, we greatly appreciate at least a 48 hours notice if you are going to cancel your appointment so we have the opportunity to fill your time slot.
At the end of the day, we want what's best for you! We want your appointment to run as smoothly as possible and the tips listed above will help to ensure that happens. Always feel free to call or email us with any questions regarding planning your appointment. We are here to help you look and feel your very best!