Plan For Your Bridal Appointment
Ultimately, the appointment is about YOU! As consultants, we're here to help you to find the dress of your dreams and nothing less.
1. How do you envision your day? It's a good idea to research dress silhouettes and get an overall idea of the theme and style of your wedding or event. It's also helpful to set a budget on how much you want to spend on your gown. We have gowns $99-$3,250.
2. Have an open mind. There are going to be things you know you don’t like and don’t want to try on. However, it's important to trust your consultant when it comes to suggesting different options. Our job is to look at each client as an individual and to know what will compliment your body shape and your style.
3. Choose the right entourage. Make sure everyone is on the same page and understands how YOU see yourself on your wedding day or at your event. While suggestions are fine, if one's mindset is not ultimately in line with your vision, it can really derail the appointment. You want the members of your entourage to provide constructive criticism, so we suggest bringing people that are open and honest.
4. What to bring to the appointment? Don't forget to bring the appropriate undergarments, as they can ultimately change the fit and look of a dress. We recommend having a properly fitting strapless bra and comfortable underwear. If you plan to wear shapewear, bring that along too. Feel free to bring photos or ideas of what you're looking for in a dress to help your consultant get an idea of what you're envisioning.
5. Know the appointment timeline. For an initial bridal appointment, we plan about an hour and a half to two hours to ensure you have adequate time to try on various styles of dresses. We greatly appreciate at least 48 hours notice if you are going to cancel your appointment so we have the opportunity to fill your time slot. If you hope to look at bridesmaids or mother’s styles after your appointment, please include that in the notes so we can plan accordingly.
6. Enjoy yourself! We welcome photos, champagne and anything that includes having a good time! We have cupcakes from Candle Ready Cakes and Retro Cakes & Cupcravery delivered weekly to share with our bridal parties.
At the end of the day, we want what's best for you! We want your appointment to run as smoothly as possible and the tips listed above will help to ensure that happens. Always feel free to contact us with any questions regarding planning your appointment. We are here to help you look and feel your very best!